- 1) Understand the role and responsibilities of a first aider
The role of a first aider
- 2) Be able to assess an incident.
Personal safety - Call for help
- 3) Be able to manage an unresponsive casualty who is breathing normally.
Level of consciousness - Who to Place in the recovery position, an who not to - Place someone in the recovery position, practice
- 4) Be able to manage an unresponsive casualty who is not breathing normally.
Open an airway - Check breathing - Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation - Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation practice
- 5) Be able to use an AED.
Using an AED - Chain of survival - Basic AED operations - Practice in using an AED - Error messages to AED - Other matters relating to the AED