1) Understand the role and responsibilities of a first aider The role of a first aider
2) Be able to assess an incident. Personal safety - Call for help
3) Be able to manage an unresponsive casualty who is breathing normally. Level of consciousness - Who to Place in the recovery position, an who not to
4) Be able to manage an unresponsive casualty who is not breathing normally. Check breathing - Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation - Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation practice
5) Be able to recognise and assist a casualty who is choking. Describe how to identify a casualty with a: *partially blocked airway *completely blocked airway - Administer first aid to a casualty who is choking.
6) Be able to manage a casualty with external bleeding. Identify the types of external bleeding. - Control external bleeding.
7)Be able to manage a casualty who is in shock. Recognise shock. - Administer first aid to a casualty who is in shock.
8) Be able to recognize a serius illness Signs and Symptoms for serious illness
9) Understand the ongoing assessment Perform an ongoing assesment