Emergency First Aid at Work
- 1) Understand the role and responsibilities of a first aider
The role of a first aider
- 2) Be able to assess an incident.
Personal safety - Call for help
- 3) Be able to manage an unresponsive casualty who is breathing normally.
Level of consciousness - Who to Place in the recovery position, an who not to- Place someone in the recovery position, practice
- 4) Be able to manage an unresponsive casualty who is not breathing normally.
Open an airway - Check breathing - Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation - Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation practice
- 5) Be able to recognise and assist a casualty who is choking.
Describe how to identify a casualty with a: *partially blocked airway *completely blocked airway - Administer first aid to a casualty who is choking.
- 6) Be able to manage a casualty with external bleeding.
Identify the types of external bleeding. - Control external bleeding. Control external bleeding practice
- 7)Be able to manage a casualty who is in shock.
Recognise shock. - Administer first aid to a casualty who is in shock.
- 8) Be able to recognize a serius illness
Signs and Symptoms for serious illness
- 8) Be able to manage other conditions
Managing faint - Administer first aid to a casualty with minor burns - Administer first aid to a casualty with convulsions
- 9) Understand the ongoing assessment
Perform an ongoing assesment